So last week we decided that Bryce needed to learn to sleep by himself and through the night. We decided to put him in his crib and let him cry it out. After awhile of crying we went and got him out and he did not settle down and go to sleep for 2 hours. It was horrible. It did not work at all. I had given up that night. Last night we put Bryce to sleep at 8:30. Between 8:30 and 10:00 he woke up about 4 times. I was rocking him and trying to get to go to sleep and at 10:30 he was still wide awake and started to play. I'd had it. I put him in the crib and he started screaming. I climbed into bed put a pillow over my head and tried to ignore it. I couldn't really ignore it. I felt horrible sitting there listening to him scream. I wanted to comfort him so bad. So did Tim, at one point he got up to get him and I had to tell him to just let him cry. Bryce finally fell asleep after crying for 25 minutes. He slept the whole night and didn't even wake up wanting to use me as a permanent pacifier. He did wake up at 6:20 but it was a whole lot better then waking up 3 or 4 times during the night. I am now more committed to doing it. I hope by the end of this week he will be able to fall asleep on his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment